About this Role
We are looking for a former rockstar developer turned engineering leader to own system design and product delivery across 6 - 8 engineering pods of Camp K12.
This is a hands-on role; the ideal candidate is a former Back-End Web Developer or Full-stack JS Developer fluent in Node.js and MongoDB that can operate on a large-scale, high-concurrency education platform featuring two-way interactivity (web sockets, notifications, live streaming), and an ensemble of microservices and sub-systems serving the needs of consumers across web and mobile apps worldwide.
You will own and influence the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database (MongoDB), and ensure high performance, responsiveness, and up-time to requests from the front-end. You will also own the integration of front-end elements into the application. A basic understanding of front-end JS frameworks is therefore necessary as well. Past experience with Server-Side rendering in React, Page-Load optimizations / performance for SEO, and other front-end system design hacks will be helpful for the role.
- Systems thinking / database design / and architecture with an eye towards DB query performance, API performance, security, and other peculiarities of the specific use case (including front-end considerations e.g. SEO/server-side rendering/web-sockets)
- People Management: work planning, managing timelines and code reviews, performance reviews, and day to day standups / motivation of your team.
- BS/BTech/MS/MTech/Phd degree in Computer Science
- Minimum 7 Years of experience in software development.
- Past experience with DevOps, building deployment pipelines, performance & scaling
- Preferable: socket.io, React/Redux, Redis, server-side rendering