About this Role
Detect Technologies is building a Global Sales team based out of our Houston office, and is actively searching for a Sales Manager for our Sales Division leading one of our most promising global territory. Reporting into the Houston, TX branch, the Sales Head who will be reporting to the CEO of the organization is responsible for achieving the business selling goals within the appropriate division through leading the sales function and ensuring strong customer relationships are established and maintained.
We are looking for high-energy, driven, top talent from Sales Strategy, Sales Programs, or Sales Operations with a deep knowledge of effective tactics and strategies to break into our largest companies. The sales head would be in charge of selling intelligent AI based platforms and SAAS solutions that bring out tremendous value towards improving safety, productivity and efficiency of industrial facilities.
The ideal candidate must be adept at prescribing and prioritizing technology solutions to meet business problems, and is a comfortable presenting to industrial field managers as well as VP+ stakeholders. This role combines the creative process of designing prescriptive programs and strategies, with the “business end” of operationalizing these programs with field teams to ensure they are executed and produce results
- Promote selling and expansion of existing relationships across divisions and/or geographic areas.
- Client relationship management and business development: manage client relationships, build a portfolio up to $10M, own the opportunity management cycle: Prospect-Evaluate-Propose-Close
- Client delivery assurance: collaborate with all delivery stakeholders involved to ensure fulfilment of all commitments to the client
- Account planning and governance: create the account plan including relationships required, opportunities to be pursued, price decisions, etc.
- Coordinate engineering and sales support activities to facilitate offering and supporting quality products; Acts as a resource to sales employees regarding our products, applications and services.
- Hire mentees and sales officers in the region, communicate goals, provide mentoring to develop skills, lead employee performance, and provide performance appraisals.
- Review bidding to ensure accuracy and appropriate method to meet company and customer objectives. Assist employees in settling margins, identifying resources and assessing future potential business.
- Ensure end-end selling to large/key accounts. Maintain ongoing contacts with customers and consider these customers’ needs relative to new product development.
- Support Detect Technologies by networking with Zone, Branch, and Headquarters to increase knowledge of offerings, for yourself, your team and other employees.
- Develop sales forecast and provide input to budget. Identify market opportunities and develop strategies to improve impact. Participate in development of long-range sales planning and growth strategies.
- Aware of competitor product/service information and advises employees on effective sales tactics as needed.
- Maintains trade contacts and participates in functions in industry associations in accordance with company policy.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or other related field highly preferred, although candidates with a combination of education (High School Diploma or GED required) and directly related experience will also be considered.
- 5+ years of industrial sales experience.
- Hands-on experience in using marketing automation applications such as Hubspot, Marketo or Eloqua
- A good understanding of tracking leads journey and setting up nurture campaigns to assist the leads/customers through the sales funnel
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills for mentoring sales staff and working with customers.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.