About this Role
We are looking for a Principal Engineer, Product Architecture to lead our ongoing technology transformation. We seek an active leader who is hands-on with current technology practices.
As a Principal Engineer, you will solve complex technical challenges in designing & building platforms/products of high quality focused on incredible customer experiences. The key to the success of this position is having a strong & innovative approach to problem-solving, great technical acumen, excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, and a self-motivated working style.
- Serve as a technical leader, act as a multiplier across the technology organization, and actively drive architecture discussions.
- Manage technical requirements, architecture definition, and engineering development activities and focal point for architecture design for differentiating services.
- Strong experience in coding, design, architecture, and testing of the suite of applications.
- Conceptual and detailed design of state-of-the-art and complex solutions based on technologies
- Capable of designing and providing technical guidance to large feature areas, ability to understand the technical details of a complex area, and review the code in depth
- 6+ years of working knowledge of building platforms in backend technologies with performance teams
- Build robust, scalable, highly available, and reliable systems using a wide variety of technology.
- Work closely with the business and product teams to understand the requirements, drive design and architecture, and influence the choice of technology.
- Proficient in building Microservices/RESTful APIs with any modern tech stack and prior working knowledge of Python/Django.
- Working knowledge of relational and nonrelational databases
- Setting up the best practices for development and, at the same design, technically robust, flexible, and scalable solutions.
- Ability to design performant, highly usable & scalable solutions