- We are looking for a VP - Credit to join our team to help us make smarter credit decisions and deliver even better results to our customers.
- Primarily, the work includes improving the credit underwriting strategies, reducing operational risk and complexity, and working to ensure clear and compliant customer value propositions.
- The role also involves formulating and articulating a coherent risk appetite, and implementing underwriting methodologies and policies especially to serve New-To-Credit (NTC) and thin-profile customers.
- This is a hands-on leadership role and entrepreneurial in nature to establish and monitor policies and procedures that will help the company meet its sales and risk management goals.
- That includes keeping policies and procedures current and work closely with the leadership team and look for ways to help the organization achieve its goals and manage risk and control payment delinquency to acceptable levels.
- Leading various initiatives for development of methodologies for measurement of credit portfolio management and implemented throughout the organization in a standardized manner.
- Assist the leadership team in enhancement and review of the organization’s credit policies & standards in order to ensure that these reflect the best practices and regulate the risk assets of the organization.
- Develop and enhance the credit reporting & monitoring framework which meets the requirements of various external & internal stakeholders.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of information/credit risk reports from these systems to the relevant stakeholders. Interpret the information and suggest actions for consideration by the leadership team and the Board.
- Be the custodian of data and portfolio performance tracking, undertake meaningful data analysis, and make intelligent inferences to further build on the underwriting and risk management frameworks.
- The risk management frameworks must incorporate the developing industry practices and regulatory requirements and be tailored to the organization’s needs. The role of the department is expected to rapidly evolve over the next 1-2 years.
- Minimum 8 - 10 years of credit underwriting/ credit risk management experience in commercial banks, small finance banks or NBFCs.
- A Master’s degree in business administration in either of Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics / Statistics is required. Professional qualifications e.g. CFA/ FRM is preferable.
- Good understanding of Risk Management principles, Credit analysis and policies is required preferably in both secured and unsecured lending
- Exposure to Limit/ Collateral system implementation/ credit risk modelling is desirable.
- Prior experience in building and implementing underwriting models for New-To-Credit (NTC) and thin-profile customers is an asset
- Thorough understanding of the evolving practices for the management of credit risk and regulatory requirements is needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills along with strong people management and relationship skills.
Apply for this role