VP, Product Management
About this Role
VP product individual will be responsible for championing the Product Management discipline and the new incumbent will be responsible for developing and refining product strategies across the Core Products group by ensuring customer, competitor lens is incorporated. The Strategic Initiatives will have accountability for analysing data, developing P&Ls and identifying opportunities to improve revenues, reduce costs and enhance our go-to-market strategy.
- The individual is accountable for enabling and executing Core Product Strategy and drive synergies across all core products and across organization. Develop our product vision in partnership with the CEO and senior leadership team.
- Know the customer: develop deep and trusted relationships with key customers leveraging knowledge of their business requirements to direct product strategy and prioritization. Provide insights to the product groups to have a customer centric approach for our products and platforms across all core products. Track and create of value propositions to leverage key market trends
- The role will also drive The Product Management Excellence (PME) and is responsible for championing the Product Management discipline (Create, Build, Run). Develop and implement plan to increase discipline on Run phase including developing and performance metrics, Product Plans and Product Reviews
- Be a more strategic partner to all Core product verticals to deliver robust, data-based insights to improve product profitability, track initiatives and measure ongoing business health.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in work experience; MBA preferred, though not required.
- Minimum 10+ years of Product Management or equivalent experience building and delivering B2C products within a high-performance tech company serving millions of customers.
- Minimum 5+ years in a Senior Product Management role and leading high performing Product Management teams.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience taking a web/Mobile product idea from concept through launch.
- Prior strong track record in owning and executing product strategy through the entire product life cycle from inception to go-to-market.
- He/she should have a proven track record of developing strong teams of product owners and designers and have the skills for developing great people along with the skills for developing great products.
- He/she should thrive in the fast-paced, ambiguous environment of a start-up, and can bring order to chaos in a way that creates value.
- Solid hands-on experience and desire to continue to build customer stories and work closely with development teams and user experience teams.
- Individual should be comfortable speaking in forums, conferences, and boardrooms.